Beer is like the liquid-equivalent of bread, some says. Studies show that 12 ounce of beer is equal to 153 calories, with the lighter one containing only 103 calories. That said, drinking too much beer can lead to unwanted weight gain. Heck, even beer companies already plastered their “drink moderately” slogan all over the place yet people still want to go beyond their limits.
However, there are some people that still stay fit even with their beer-drinking habits. What kind of sorcery is happening here? Luckily, it’s just a matter of following simple beer drinking tips we have listed down below.
- As said earlier, the ‘drink moderately’ tagline has been there long before beers are a thing. This is already a no brainer, yet people still choose to binge drink as many as they could. Various studies have been conducted on beers, and it shows that our bodies utilize alcohol as energy. And after that, it draws energy from other sources in our body such as non-oxidized fat which mostly comes from the abdominal area. And this is where the term ‘beer belly’ was born. Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to keep a slow pace for a while. It’s not like the end of the world if you can’t get your hands on a beer every single day.
Binge Eating is a big NO
- Drinking is only half the problem of your unsightly weight gain. Where the other half comes from our eating habits, especially unhealthy ones. When we pair beers with finger foods or snacks to eat, our body is fooled into thinking that we are hungry, thus, leading to us munch on all the food that we see in the table and order seconds.
And Eating Veggies is Not an Excuse
- Veggies and beer, a perfect match? Well, yes? Sometimes. Carrot sticks, broccoli, and asparagus look incredibly healthy, not until you damp them to dressings that are filled with calories, now that’s not good. In the long run, you’re just fooling yourself on pairing beer with food that you don’t want at all. The same goes with protein-rich foods such as lean meat, which acts as a desirable substitute for those fatty fries and burgers when out of sight.
- Jesus take the wheel! If you really can’t control your beer-drinking habits, then why not drown yourself in nonalcoholic beers. Yes, these type of beers exists, even though they lose the sense of being an ‘alcoholic’ drink anymore. These beers contain less alcohol content, yet retains the taste that you know and love. The best part? Nonalcoholic beers contain fewer calories compared to the alcoholic ones.
Choose the ‘Right’ Beer to Drink
- You have to know that not all beers are the same. Some of them do have a great taste, but the calorie content is extremely high. There are some that tastes ‘okay’, but at least its calorie content is kept to a minimal level. Whatever you choose, always make the right choice in drinking beer.